I’m done with the next installment of The Pickle Jar Chronicles. I’ve still got some filling in yet to do, but I’m going to send it to beta readers before I do that. Looking forward to getting the short story in your hands!
I’ll be working on the second volume in The Pickle Jar Chronicles during NaNoWriMo. If I get done with it before the month is out, I’ll start on something else. My goal is to keep writing every day, without fail, even if it’s just a few minutes a day. I have lots stories in my head, but if I don’t write, they don’t get out.
I’m following a modified version of Heinlein’s Rules of writing:
- You must write. I’m a technical writer, so I write every day. By the time I get home from work, though, I’m tired of it. But I need to get over it and write for at least a little while every day. This does not include writing Facebook posts or blog articles.
- You must finish what you write. I’m very good at starting something and not finishing it. That will change.
- You must refrain from rewriting except to editorial order. Because I self-publish with Comfortable Shoes Press, this means that I will make it as good as I am able, and then pass it to an editor and to beta readers, who can make suggestions that I can either keep or reject.
- You must put it in the market. Done. The Pickle Jar Chronicles is on Amazon now
- You must keep it on the market until it has sold. I’m not selling this book to a publishing house, so the “until it has sold” part doesn’t apply. However, The Pickle Jar Chronicles and anything else I publish will stay on the market for as long as possible.